Doesn't it make sense to take control of keeping your teeth clean and breath fresh with the same focus you put on other aspects of your body?
It doesn’t take much thought to realize how everything you consume, healthy or otherwise, must pass through your mouth to get absorbed by your body.
So, it should not be a total surprise that using a toothbrush twice a day is important to reduce tooth decay…
The bottom line… using a toothbrush regularly is one way to help reduce plaque and tooth decay.
And I’ll help you discover what I believe is the total dental solution.
Let’s take a closer look at some crucial wakeup messages your teeth could be ‘telling’ you…
Toothbrush and Dental Floss
Signals Your Teeth Could Be Warning You About
Your teeth have plenty to ‘say.’ The problem is many folks just don’t ‘listen.’
In my opinion, it all starts with what you eat
Your diet can make or break the cleanliness of your teeth and mouth…
If you’ve been a visitor to my site or a subscriber to my Newsletter, you know how I constantly stress the importance of eating a wholesome diet of unprocessed, low-sugar, and primarily organic foods.
Well, when you think about it… all food comes into contact with your teeth before it moves on to be absorbed into your system. So, eating a healthy diet is key to a clean mouth… it all starts there.
And when it comes to oral care, there’s a virtual war going on.
A clean mouth and teeth start with your diet.
In fact, there’s plenty of evidence showing fluoride to be highly toxic. Ever wonder why fluoride-containing products carry warning labels like…“Do not swallow”?
Despite what you’ve been led to believe by conventional health and dental agencies, fluoride is NOT an essential nutrient and in my opinion, it does NOT prevent tooth decay.
Here is a recent finding showing more evidence exposing the fluoride myth…
- From Langmuir (Dec 2010) – A study conducted at Saarland University (Saarbrucken, Germany) examined the effects of fluoride on a synthetic counterpart of tooth enamel and challenged the effectiveness of fluoridation on your tooth enamel when potential protective fluoride layers created on your teeth are so thin and narrow.
Plus, there are plenty of studies showing the dangers of ingesting fluoride, both from dental products and fluoridated water, including potential…
- Increased lead absorption
- Hyperactivity and/or lethargy
- Brain damage and lower IQ
- Lowered thyroid function
- Genetic damage and cell death
- Immune system disruption
- Bone fractures and arthritis
- Bone cancer (osteosarcoma)
- Increased tumor and cancer rates
- Fertility abnormalities
With all this said, I realize it’s not easy to find fluoride-free toothpaste and mouthwash. But that’s what I’m here for… I’m ready to help you find the best solution possible to help clean your teeth and freshen your breath.
But before we jump into the solution I recommend, let’s take a closer look at one of the most important functions in oral hygiene… brushing your teeth.
My Checklist for the Ultimate Oral Care Dental Kit
With all the misconceptions out there about what makes up a good dental kit to help keep your mouth and your teeth clean, I had my team put together a checklist to help you weed through all the misinformation and find what I believe works best.
Here’s what I believe are the key elements of a good oral care kit…
- Fluoride-free Toothpaste – Fluoride-free toothpaste is hard to come by.
- Fluoride and Alcohol-free Mouthwash – In my opinion, one of the biggest risks with most conventional mouthwashes is the fact that they are loaded up with alcohol. You already know some of the inherent risks with fluoride… alcohol is another culprit lurking in many mouthwashes that I believe you need to avoid.
- Natural Breath Spray – Though not a total necessity for oral care, having the convenience of a natural breath spray (free from alcohol) while on the go is a major plus to keeping your breath fresh and your mouth feeling clean.
- Fluoride-free Dental Floss – Many floss packages come with a fluoride coating. In my opinion, you should avoid this like the plague and instead look for floss with natural essential oils for optimal cleaning between your teeth. I also recommend floss waxed with 100% vegetable waxes (as opposed to beeswax) to help it glide more easily between your teeth.
- BPA-free Toothbrush – It’s vitally important to find a toothbrush with soft nylon bristles and is BPA-free. Why BPA-free? BPA is a plasticizer and while the FDA has not recognized a health risk, issues have been raised as to potential ill-effects to your health if absorbed into your body.
So, this is my basic checklist for a dental care kit… not an easy task to find many of these components. But that’s exactly what I’ll help you do. My team has come up with a phenomenal dental kit that meets or exceeds my challenging checklist.
Let’s take a deeper dive into the extraordinary Mercola Natural Dental Kit and discover why it’s something I strongly recommend to give your mouth a boost.
But please remember, without a wholesome diet of unprocessed, low-sugar, organic foods, I believe that your mouth and teeth won’t be as clean as they can be.
12 Superstar Ingredients for a Natural and Effective Toothpaste
One thing I’ve quickly learned when searching for high-quality solutions, is there may not always be something available that meets my demanding criteria.
And such was the case with toothpaste. I was determined to go beyond even my own checklist on this one, to bring you the best of the best natural toothpastes. So, what did I do?
My first step was to find a manufacturer willing to work with my staff and I in creating a unique toothpaste formula… an all-natural formula I could feel good about recommending to you.
The end result was I found a manufacturer willing to work with us to create this amazing toothpaste. Here are the natural teeth-cleansing ingredients of the Mercola Natural Toothpaste you can only find on my site…
- Calcium Carbonate – Mild abrasive for cleaning your teeth.
- Xylitol – Enhances flavor. More details on this amazing ingredient coming up.
- Organic Aloe Vera Juice – Helps to cleanse the teeth and gums while soothing your entire mouth.
- Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) – Promotes whitening and helps freshen your breath.
- Essential Oil Blend – Made from natural peppermint, eucalyptus, cardamom, and anise for breath freshening.
- Natural Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (SLL) – Multi-purpose ingredient produced from coconut oil and food-grade all-natural lactic acid. It creates foaming action. This is not the same as risky SLS (more on this coming up).
- Organic Tapioca Starch – Used traditionally in the West Indies as a basis for oral vitality.
- Carageenan – Natural red seaweed extract used to help thicken the toothpaste.
- Stevia Leaf Extract – A sugar free sweetener that actually helps clean teeth.
- Licorice Root Extract – Helps to freshen your breath.
- Tea Tree Oil – Promotes clean teeth.
- Tulsi Oil – Holy Basil prevents occasional bad breath and cleans your teeth.
So, not only is Mercola Natural Toothpaste fluoride-free, it’s also loaded with natural ingredients to promote brilliant white teeth and fresh breath.
Prior to going into the other components of the Mercola Natural Dental Kit, some of the toothpaste ingredients (listed above) merit a little more detail.
First of all here’s…
Why Tulsi Is a Key Ingredient in Natural Toothpaste
If you’re a regular visitor to my site, you’re aware of the powerful benefits associated with Tulsi.
So, why did I include Tulsi in the Mercola Natural Toothpaste formula?
Because Tulsi oil potentially helps prevent occasional bad breath… just another plus when it comes to this amazing toothpaste.
Why I Chose Xylitol
One critical ingredient found in both the Mercola Natural Toothpaste and the Mercola Natural Mouthwash formulas is xylitol.
Xylitol adds to the flavor of the toothpaste and mouthwash.
Xylitol is not toxic… unlike fluoride.
Plus, because xylitol is a low glycemic sweetener, it is slowly absorbed and is metabolized independently of insulin. Therefore, xylitol may be suitable for diabetics as well as the general population. If you’re diabetic, always check with your health care professional prior to using any sweetener.
Including xylitol in both my natural toothpaste and mouthwash was a decision that should help enhance the cleanliness of most everyone’s teeth and mouth. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Dispelling SLL Misconceptions
Another ingredient that may raise some eyebrows because of its assumed closeness to a harsh chemical and irritant called sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), is sodium lauroyl lactylate (SLL).
Many people might confuse the two surfactants as being one and the same. However, nothing could be further from the truth.
Here’s a handy chart that should clear up some of this misconceptions, and further shows why SLL is a highly beneficial natural ingredient in Mercola Natural Toothpaste…
||SLL (in Mercola Natural Toothpaste)
||Considered a harsh irritant
||Mutagenic – creates favorable environment for bacteria and yeast
|Can be sensitizing
||Produced from food-grade, all-natural plant-based lactic acid and coconut oil
||Produced from sulfuric acid
You should see from the above chart how different SLL and SLS are… it's like comparing natural coconut oil to highly-processed vegetable oil.
Here are a few more details on how SLL is naturally produced…
- Non-GMO corn is used to produce glucose – Through a natural fermentation process, lactic acid is generated.
- Non-GMO coconut and/or palm kernels are used to produce oil –Through a natural process, fatty acids are produced and the resulting lauric acid is distilled.
- Both the lactic and lauric acids are reacted together producing a 100% natural sodium lauroyl lactylate of exceptionally high-quality and purity.
This is further evidence of the uncompromising steps taken to ensure 100% natural ingredients are used in the Mercola Natural Toothpaste formula.
Importance of Alcohol-free Mouthwash
and Breath Spray
An area of some controversy involves the alcohol levels many mouthwashes and breath sprays contain.
Some levels are downright shocking, and many mouthwash and breath spray producers must go through a denaturing process to make the alcohol undrinkable.
Not so with Mercola Natural Mouthwash and Mercola Natural Breath Spray formulas… both formulas are alcohol-free. This is important as alcohol can lead to potential oral issues such as…
- Dry mouth
- Irritation of gums, your tongue, and other oral tissues
In technical terms, alcohol-free means the formula does not contain ethyl alcohol (also known as ethanol, or grain alcohol). And both my mouthwash and breath spray are totally free from ethyl alcohol.
Stevia – The Superstar of All Sweeteners
In order to get kids, and most adults, to brush their teeth and rinse their mouths, some toothpaste and mouthwash producers include what I consider hazardous sweeteners to their products.
For instance, some mouthwashes contain sorbitol as a sweetener.
In toothpaste, what I consider to be risky sweeteners and flavoring agents such as Acesulfame-K, sucralose, aspartylphenylalanine methyl ester, alitame, and tagatose are added during the manufacturing process. These sweeteners are in the same class as saccharin, which I consider dangerous, and which was linked to cancer during clinical trials back in the 1970s.
I do realize the need for an appealing taste to toothpaste and mouthwash. But none of the conventional sweeteners are acceptable to me… and in my opinion, they should not be to you either.
That’s why I insisted all of the Mercola Natural Dental Kit products including mouthwash, breath spray, and toothpaste contain a natural, sugar-free substitute called stevia.
- Not only is a sugar-free sweetener, it actually helps clean teeth and gums. How many sweeteners do you know can do that?
- Comes from a natural plant… not from some synthetic process like most artificial sweeteners.
- Is several hundred times sweeter than sugar and has virtually no calories.
The extract made from the leaves of the stevia plant is, in my opinion, one of the best choices of sweeteners on the market.
Unlike aspartame and other artificial sweeteners that have been cited for dangerous toxicities, stevia is a safe, natural alternative that's also ideal if you’re watching your weight, or if you’re maintaining your health by avoiding sugar.
I prefer stevia as my sweetener of choice and that’s why I made doubly-sure it was included in the Mercola Natural Dental Kit formula.
Why Your Dental Kit Is Never Complete
Without Natural Floss and a BPA-Free Toothbrush
Your dental kit would not be complete without floss and a toothbrush. I’ve chosen a natural floss that provides the following benefits…
- Vegan waxed using rice bran – 100% vegetable waxes are smoother and lighter for easy gliding between teeth – No fluoride coating.
- Nylon instead of silk – Silk can involve risky chemical sterilization while nylon is a clean and more effective floss.
- Long-lasting fresh peppermint and natural cinnamon flavors.
- Environmental friendly – Plastic-free and packaging is recyclable and biodegradable.
- Completely free of all animal source ingredients.
One thing to keep in mind, all floss is not created equal. And the Mercola Natural Dental Floss stands a breed apart with its all-natural blend of essential oils and enzymes.
The Mercola Natural Toothbrush is unique in the following ways…
- Ergonomic fit of toothbrush in your hand – Specially contoured to help reach those difficult to reach back teeth.
- Soft, natural nylon bristles – Provides effective brushing without damaging enamel or gums.
- BPA-free construction – No BPA used that I believe might prove hazardous to your oral health.
- Attractive design – Will look good in any bathroom setting and help entice you to brush your teeth twice daily.
With the Mercola Natural Dental Floss and Mercola Natural Toothbrush, your natural dental kit is complete and ready for you to use.
How This Dental Kit Meets and Exceeds
My Stringent Criteria
Here’s a quick summary on how the Mercola Natural Dental Kit stacks up against my original checklist… I wouldn’t settle for anything short of the best for your overall dental care…
||Mercola Natural Dental Kit
- Mercola Natural Toothpaste is completely fluoride-free. No worries about this toxic chemical entering your mouth or your children’s mouths during brushing.
|Fluoride and alcohol-free mouthwash
- The Mercola Natural Mouthwash formula is both free from fluoride and alcohol (ethyl alcohol). It has a tasty mint flavor and uses stevia as an all natural sweetener.
|Natural breath spray
- Having an alcohol-free spray to freshen your breath is a major convenience. Mercola Natural Breath Spray, with its all natural fresh mint flavor, is an excellent choice.
|Fluoride-free dental floss
- Mercola Natural Dental Floss does not come with a fluoride coating. Plus, it’s made of nylon instead of silk for easier gliding between teeth.
- I wouldn’t settle for second best when it comes to a toothbrush. The Mercola Natural Toothbrush is BPA-free and ergonomically formed to fit perfectly in your hand. Soft, natural nylon bristles help ensure your teeth and gums will be effectively cleaned.
The bottom line… the Mercola Natural Dental Kit not only exceeded my very high expectations, my team and I have not seen anything close to this all-natural dental kit anywhere to date.
Don’t Forget – A Clean Mouth Is Key
So, now you know the importance of choosing a natural dental kit to give your mouth the boost it needs.
But please remember, in my opinion, good oral care must start with a healthy diet of unprocessed, low-sugar, and preferably organic foods. I believe that this approach in combination with the Mercola Natural Dental Kit will go a long way in supporting a clean mouth and teeth.
Just like you should never settle for second best when it comes to the food you eat, the same holds true with the dental kit you use as well.
That's why the Mercola Natural Dental Kit is the only choice for me… and I strongly recommend it should be for you as well.
Order today, and don’t forget about my money-back guarantee (see below). I’ve taken most of the risk out of you trying the Mercola Natural Dental Kit.